The web developer will work on projects related to the creation, modification and support of Web Portals in the PLM group within the Digital & Information Services function in Polaris. The developer needs to understand the business and functional requirements of the projects and develop code to meet those requirements. Developers help ensure code quality, performance, reusability, scalability, and supportability of the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Project Managers, Lead and System Analysts to understand business and functional requirements
- Assist in development of project plans, specification documents, test plans, and install and release plans
- Assist with analyzing existing business systems to develop technical designs and specifications.
- Develop code to meet requirements and specifications, manage source control, deploy and test code
- Document test cases and perform systems and acceptance testing
- Troubleshoot production issues (if any) when projects are released
- Provide after install support: Questions and helpdesk tickets from users
- Attend and participate in project and administrative meetings
- Experience with .NET, VB.NET, ASP.NET, classic ASP, C# development
- Experience with Microsoft Azure platform – Building applications and integrations.
- Experience with database design and developing against SQL Server.
- Experience with writing technical specification a plus.
- Experience developing web services and knowledge of SoA (Service-oriented Architecture) a plus.
- Knowledge in Angular JS would be an added advantage
- BS/BA in business management information systems, computer science, software engineering, business, or equivalent technical degree required.
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.