Job Title & Purpose
Job Title: Engineer - Electrical Integration
Purpose of the Job
To have competencies/skills in ALSTOM Transportation team to support on Bids, Tenders and future projects execution.
Position in the Organisation
Direct reporting to Lead Engineer/Domain leader (Routing & Integration manager)
Network & Links
Internal: Different functions, teams within TDE
External: Suppliers, Business units and Customer
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Is accountable for the Delivery of Electrical Harness Integration outputs, in compliance with the Engineering Quality Cost and Delivery commitments.
- Deploys and applies on project Train Design development procedures.
- Contributes to the train physical architecture in her/his geographic area taking into account below listed areas of work
- Cable trays/Cable ducts design and it's mounting definition
- Electrical Harness routing in CATIA V5 using EHI work bench based on the synoptic, schematic, connector and device list
- Bundling/Segregation of harnesses based on the EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) classification.
- Mounting of Electrical equipment's
- Design of Jumper cables and Earthing /Grounding
- Bogie and Underframe Electrical mounting definitions
- Electrical Cubicle design, Mounting and complete harness routing (Structure definition, Welding, fastening definition, circuit brackets, relays and other communication and signalling equipment's as per electrical architecture).
- Equipment position definition and interface development: Example: CCTV camera, Speakers, LCD display, Dynamic route monitor
- XML file from the schematics to be linked with the Harness designed in CATIA V5 and exchanged with Schematic team.
- Creation of 2D drawings for parts, assemblies and installations.
- Monitors, controls and consolidates her/his work package. As such:
- Organizes and leads her/his work package reviews for the project he/she is in charge,
- Manages Risk, Assessment and Mitigation Plan,
- Reports her/his targets to Lead Engineer/Domain Leader (Quality Cost Delivery consolidation and risks).
- Organizes Design / Verification reviews and provides the associated reports.
- Supports industrialization during manufacturing ramp-up.
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Measurement: 100% on-time delivery.
- Closure of open points or escalation: 10 days maximum.
- Respect of Design for Quality milestones.
- Describe the degree of business comprehension required in order to carry out the role (knowledge of the entire organisation, some functional areas within the organisation, domestic market, international market)
Educational Requirements: B. Tech / M. Tech Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- 5+ Years of relevant industrial experience in Harness design and routing, Sheet metal design
- Good Knowledge in developing concepts in CATIA V5 for parts, different subsystem, Mountings and Vehicle Architecture of different rail products.