BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function :
Business Intelligence department is part of ITG FRESH Finance and is primarily responsible for business analysis, functional support and developing tactical business intelligence solutions for CIB Finance globally.
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The BI Developer will be part of the FRESH Finance Business Intelligence team and the overall CIB Finance community, developing BI solutions, contributing to development & implementation a strategy, establishing standards and processes, for agile; sustainable Business Intelligence solutions.
The Sr. Developer/Assistant Manager will be responsible development and delivery of Business Intelligence Solutions using Alteryx or Tableau, Access, Excel (with VBA) and SQL Servers to support CIB Finance.
- Propose and develop solutions using Tableau as the primary visualization tool and Excel or Access, Cubes, Alteryx, SQL/Oracle Servers/Databases for acquisition, storage and processing needs.
- Optimization of performance of Tableau reports being deployed in a global environment.
- Analyze data and systems to identify data sourcing, structuring, modeling and transformation requirements.
- Develop prototypes using multiple sourcing, transformation and storage tools.
- Present and explain functionalities, alternatives of different tools and applicability to specific situations and processes.
- Decode and document applications developed by the team or transferred to the team.
- Project management (Techno-functional role, multiple projects), people management and reporting of specific projects assigned to the individual
- Interface with users to understand requirements in a dynamic environment in an agile fashion.
- Support maintenance, troubleshooting and management of BI applications
- Manage enhancement and update schedules for the BI applications
- Contribute to transversal CIB Finance optimization projects
· Collaborate with Finance counterparts for developing insights and solutions
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Expertize in Tableau (desktop and server) should have developed complex dashboards and storage solutions.
· Alteryx is used as a key transformation tool, so experience in the tool will give an advantage (however it is not mandatory).
· Comfortable with VBA applications for MS Excel, MS Access (mandatory)
· SQL/Oracle Server and Database design (tables, queries, stored procedures)
· Should have developed using these tools as a part of a comprehensive ecosystem.
· Basic office productivity tools (Outlook, Lotus Notes, Word, Power Point)
· Documentation of applications, maintenance processes and user guides.
· Different data sourcing, structuring, modeling, and storage concepts.
· Ability to analyze data sets, identify relationships, controls and processes
· Ability to design solutions and prototypes based on requirements or broad ideas.
· Extrapolating business process ideas in to comprehensive BI solutions ranging from data acquisition, processing and storage.
· Understand business requirements and translate them in to Technical requirements.
· Experience in waterfall & agile models in software development life cycle.
· Ability to manage multiple projects through different stages, evolving requirements and conditions.
· Documenting expectations and maintaining clarity and agreement on timelines and delivery.
· Ability to manage small team and, assisting team members overcome technical challenges on tools
· Ability to navigate complex organizations and processes
Specific Qualifications (if required)
B.E., MCA or Graduate equivalent Degree
7+ years’ experience required
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage multiple projects
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.