- Gather detailed, specific, accurate, unambiguous business requirements and functional specifications
- Seek to ensure Business analysis, Impact analysis, Gap analysis and System analysis are done to a high standard on defined projects and continuous improvement initiatives
- End-end delivery of book of work within the assigned project(s)/work stream(s). This requires involvement in all the phases of SDLC. This involves, but is not limited to, analyzing problem at hand, writing FRDs and other documents, taking walkthrough for Development and testing team, assisting business in UAT and act as a single point of contact for all the business partners.
- Coordinate with other business analysts (e.g. Operations, Product Control) on firm wide initiatives and participate in the Front to Back User testing / regression testing.
- Assist with production support activities, when necessary, to help identify and resolve escalated production issues
- Play a key role in ensuring delivery from offshore center from vendor partners is on time and of high quality as per agreed SLAs.
- Support India Delivery Head to optimize existing engagements and establish improved relations. Be the first on-the-ground point of escalation for vendor engagements.
- Support building up the Regulatory Reporting captive capability in India. This includes being part of hiring process, vendor assessment and training
Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Excellent knowledge on banking and capital market products
- Strong knowledge in reconciling position / transaction level data with consolidated data at GL level.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements (Basel, PRA/FINMA/IHC guidelines).
- Preferably have prior experience of working with global financial institution in Regulatory Reporting or experience in end to end implementation of at least one regulatory reporting framework for Financial Institutions
- Exposure to Market Risk and Credit Risk computations would be desirable.
- Proficient in front to back systems, data, calculations and processes within an Investment Banking environment.
- Outstanding skills in writing FRDs.
- Experience in working with relational database like Oracle, proficient in using SQL
- Preferably have experience working with reporting tools like AXIOM, OBIEE, Business Objects, etc
- Relevant experience of 8-10 years
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Regulatory Reporting or regulatory initiatives across banking and financial services.
- Preferred Educational Qualification - CA, MBA, CFA etc
- Preferred professional certification like CAIIB, NCFM (Capital Market Modules), FRM (GARP), PRM (PRMIA), etc
- SDLC and IT BA experience is mandatory
- Structured, methodical approach.
- Strong analytical capability and problem solving skills.
- Candidate must be diligent and proactive.
- Good collaborator with the ability and drive to learn quickly and independently.
- Effective partner management, experience in facing senior business partners
- Proven ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner (written and verbal).
- Effective time management – able to work under pressure and meet deadlines for both project related and non-project related tasks
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards