About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
The main function is the execution and implementation of capital market activity control tasks: limit control, mandate monitoring and 2nd level control on benchmarks contribution.
COCE- Product Control
Business Line / Function:
Risk Control APAC
Head of the Team
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The main function is the execution and implementation of capital market activity control tasks: position valuation control, limits and mandate monitoring.
This position sits within a small team and will require hands on operational production work as well as judgmental capability.
Organize and perform Risk Control under the team’s coverage and responsibility which includes:
I. Local limits monitoring, reporting and maintenance
II. Mandates monitoring, reporting and maintenance
III. 2nd level control on index contribution, analysis and highlight any issue to management
IV. Contribute to regional risk control meetings with Front office management, Risk, OPC, compliance and etc.
V. Prepare necessary information/reports for Audits, Compliance & Regulators
· Build and maintain relationships with Front Office, Middle Office, Finance and Market Risk based on trust, respect and professionalism.
· Contribute to other initiatives within APAC V&RC.
· Participate in ad-hoc Risk Control related projects.
· Perform cross-region supports within APAC V&RC
· Contribute to the Permanent Control framework.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
1. experience in Market Risk / Valuation related position
2. Understanding of a range of products and their associated risk sensitivities. The ability to discuss and resolve queries with traders / market risk specialists is essential.
3. Good understanding of control techniques and logic.
4. Project Experience would be an advantage
5. Good PC skills
6. Excellent communications skills.
7. People oriented and team player
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Attention to detail / rigor
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage a project
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)