PDI helps convenience store retailers and petroleum wholesale marketers worldwide thrive in a digital economy with enterprise management software. Over 1,200 customers operating more than 100,000 locations trust PDI to optimize their operations, whether they are a single site, multi-site, dealer or a franchise operator. PDI’s enterprise software, wholesale and logistics management software solutions and retail back office systems have been designed around the evolving needs of customers for more than 35 years. We reimagine enterprise management to help our customers transform their business and deliver exceptional experiences. Backed by the investment of TA Associates and Genstar, PDI is embarking upon an aggressive expansion strategy through internal investment in development as well as intensive M&A activity. The result will be a broader, more powerful, international company that serves customers across the entire supply chain, from wholesalers, to retailers, and every stop in between.
PDI has an immediate, full-time job opening for a Delphi Developer for Ascend Team . We are seeking a smart, passionate person to join our talented software development team. A successful candidate will have a keen eye for solving problems, the ability to learn quickly, and a desire for continuous technical and business knowledge improvement. PDI offers a competitive salary, mentorship, personal and career development opportunities, as well as on-going training.
- Writes and maintains enterprise quality database scripts and functions in Microsoft Transact SQL to meet production requirements and design specifications
- Manages detailed application requirements and collaborates with project/ development teams to ensure quality function, features, and scalability.
- Develops and tests database tooling, working collaboratively as part of a team
- Debugs, troubleshoots, and revises code to match evolving project needs, ensuring is regression free, well documented, and unit tested
- Participates in design and code reviews as well as daily scrum
- Assists in the development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of software systems designed to support new or existing business needs
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience designing and developing new or maintaining existing software applications in a software product development environment
- Proficiency required in one or more of the followings: C# 4.0, .NET 4/4.5, Entity Framework 4 (Windows applications), Delphi XE, Delphi any version
- Working knowledge of SQL / MS SQL Serve, with Agile/Scrum experience preferred
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member of a fast-paced and focused team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions and receive constructive feedback
- Solid understanding of source control, with ability to learn new computer programs quickly
- Good written and verbal communication skills required
- Proven experience working collaboratively in a team environment
- Time and task management skills required for timely project delivery
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.