Job Location: SIPCOT, Irungatukottai, Sriperambadur.
Reports to: R&D Manager, PLM.
The BOM Specialist will be responsible for data management of technical packaging specifications in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems based on information provided by the packaging engineering team. This role will also be assisting with change management requests focused on moving packaging specification information between PLM systems. The BOM Specialist will be working within tight timelines for task completion, without sacrificing the quality of the data loaded. This role operates as part of a Global team collaborating with engineers in the United States, China, India, and Mexico. Strong collaboration with the packaging engineering team is expected to ensure the data received and loaded into PLM system is thorough and accurate.
- Maintains high level understanding of packaging development process and how packaging specification data is leveraged by cross functional team members and between data management systems.
- Quickly and accurately builds technical specifications utilizing information provided by packaging engineering team including the following:
- Creation and population of technical specifications against packaging parts within a Finished Good
- Creation of supporting packaging documentation in PLM system
- Management of cross functional requests to load SAP component numbers and artwork files against packaging parts
- Validation of legacy specification information against current direction provided by packaging team
- Processes change management requests to cross functional team for translation of packaging data into SAP.
- Collaborates with team leads and packaging engineering to prioritize tasks.
- Communicates with team leads and packaging engineering to understand project requirements and clarify asks as needed.
- Partners with team leads to identify areas of improvement in our ways of working.
- Recognizes risks to timing & quality and communicates to team leads with recommended mitigation plans and impact to programs.
- Executes corrective action plans and preventative measures to mitigate current and future risks to timing and quality.
- Prepares project status and risks to manager with proper level of detail and recover plans.
- 2+ years of experience in data management role, preferably utilizing Product Lifecycle Management software.
- Effective communication (verbal and written) and collaboration across cross functional teams.
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage conflicting priorities through collaboration.
- Proficient in interpreting, organizing, and communicating data using Excel.
- Familiarity in working with packaging or product specifications is desired.