JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Portfolio Project Specialist III will lead the strategic portfolio of projects and programs across the Finance functions including projects and data fields standardization,
intake and value case guidelines, developing prioritization criteria and methods based on the enterprise strategy.
In this role, you will provide transparency into the business's project portfolio, reports and integration with other business planning processes in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Validate and prioritize projects, monitor progress, ensure appropriate resource needs, manage the portfolio management dashboard and provide training.
- Drive continuous improvement of portfolio and project management practices in alignment with the standard framework and company guidelines to ensure goals and strategic priorities are met.
- Facilitate portfolio reporting and reviews across the enterprise or function by removing impediments and prioritizing opportunity backlogs, overseeing initiative level stage gate tracking, and analyzing portfolio management data to generate insights for prioritization, risks and opportunities.
- Collaborate with other process stakeholders to deliver value from people, process, data and technology systems improvement, track development progress and business readiness efforts and identify value opportunities through optimization initiatives.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in project management, project delivery process and portfolio management
- Experience in transformation, operational excellence, process improvement project management
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, and leading or coaching employees at all levels of the organization
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Master's degree or other post-secondary degree with minimum of 10 years of experience managing projects or programs with significant spend
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Experience using project management and analytical tools
- Participate in identifying and resolving obstacles to completing project on time and to budget.
- Experience organizing project teams, assign individual responsibilities, develop project schedules, and determine resource requirements.