- Credit Management: Manage and mitigate credit risk by analyzing customer annual financial reports, quarterly and regulatory filings (as available), debt service ratings and other reporting tools.
- Establish and review credit limits for both new and existing accounts.
- Work with corporate and regional finance to analyze bad debt reserve requirements and recommend monthly accruals.
- Participate in quotation & proposal stages to ensure credit terms are appropriate in meeting management’s cash flow objectives & the corporate credit collections policy.
- Dispute/Order Management: Ensure sound decisions are made regarding the releasing/holding of customer orders based upon financial condition of the account.
- Customer Relationship Management: Communicate with sales and finance regarding material changes in status of key customers’ financial positions.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to drive improvements in collections and credits processing.
- Process & People Management: Coach and support junior team members of GBS
- Finance center in achieving team targets set by management.
- Participate in development & implementation of corporate credit & collections policies.
- University degree
- Min. 3- 5 years in credit management
- Experience in ERP system (SAP)
- Good command of Microsoft Excel/Word/ Power Point/Access
- Must be fluent English and Hindi, able to read and write.
- Experience in handling APAC portfolio including India country. Knowledge transfer activity is an advantage.
You work within an inspiring teamwork culture – where you can thrive, collaborate and learn from other talented and passionate people across disciplines, regions and divisions.
Join us and Impact Your World
Diversity drives innovation and creates closer connections with our employees, customers and partners.
Givaudan embraces diversity and is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone impacts our world.