Join our team and experience Maxim– a highly successful, $2.3 billion company with offices and manufacturing sites around the world. We develop the high-performance analog and mixed-signal electronic products that are in the latest cars, smartphones, wearables, hearables, gaming devices, robots, factories, IOT devices, the cloud, and more.
From the day we first opened our doors in 1983, we’ve attracted and nurtured some of the best problem solvers, creative thinkers, and innovators in the business. Every day, we’re empowering design innovation and overcoming the toughest engineering challenges, enabling our customers to create the solutions that define and shape our world. And, we do this in a culture where bold thinking, teamwork, growth and community involvement are recognized and rewarded.
Job Description Summary:
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead complete IC layout.
- Maintain Project Schedules, Layout Quality.
- Mentoring junior layout designers and helping to build a culture of excellence and on-time delivery.
- Collaborate with circuit designers and understand the sensitivities of each layout activity.
- Develop and continuously improve layout practices and procedures, utilizing scripting languages such as skill and working with EDA to define tool enhancements.
- Leading layout design review of products to ensure quality of results.
- Clearly communicate project status and group needs to senior management
- 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Associate Degree in Layout or BSEE recommended
- Proficiency with Cadence layout tools, Caliber LVS and DRC tools.
- Thorough understanding of matching of electronic components like transistors in IC, Layout practices for ESD & LU robustness.
- Experience with full chip layouts in analog domain.
- Experience in high voltage (10-60V) BCD processes, Analog circuits in power management area are big plus.
- Able to mentor Junior Layout Engineers
Work Experience: Non - Manager
Pay Rate Type:
Eligible for Relocation: No
Eligible for Work Visa Sponsorship: No
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations; including but not limited to US Government International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), US Export Administration Regulations (EAR), or US Treasury Regulations. If required, placement is contingent on Maxim’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
Maxim is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.