As a director of the software engineering division, you will apply your extensive knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and envision future improvements to the architecture.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle Data Cloud are looking for an experienced software development director to build and lead a new team, supporting the growth of their Contextual Intelligence product line.
Since a 2018 acquisition by Oracle Data Cloud, our software engineering team have continued to expand globally and develop industry leading products in the areas of contextual targeting and brand safety.
Originally founded on pioneering research at Cambridge University by Dr. Martin Porter; the Oracle Data Cloud contextual intelligence group has deep roots in the use of natural language processing, and information retrieval technology.
- Creating a high performing and motivated team, who enjoy their work.
- Ensuring good recruitment decisions are made, and we attract the best candidates.
- Mentoring and developing team members to achieve their potential.
- Guiding the team in making good technical decisions.
- Working alongside Product Managers to prioritise work and manage stakeholders.
- Uphold the principles of Agile software development, in conjunction with Scrum Masters and PMO.
- Confident recruiting and managing technical staff.
- Effective at communicating at all levels of the organisational hierarchy.
- Experience in working as part of a large international organisation.
- Passionate about driving quality, in your own and your team’s work.
- Sound understanding of agile software development practice.
- Substantial experience in software engineering and architecture.
- Familiarity with Go or other object-oriented languages, Elastic Search, React, RESTful APIs, web services, Linux and scripting.
- Interest in large scale, highly available systems.
- Focused on delivering real value to customers.
- Self-motivated, curious, analytical, and problem solving.